I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the amazingly talented blogger Lifewithlilred! I’m glad the nominations for the awards are back in the blogging world, it’s been a while since I’ve seen them pass. I have been nominated before for this award, but it’s always lovely to connect with other bloggers and to appreciate their content. It’s such a nice initiative in the blogging community.Tweet
First of all, I’d like to thank Lifewithlilred for this nomination ❤ I really enjoy reading her content, she offers such a variety of topics that it’s always interesting to read her new posts. Please check out her blog. There’s a new post to discover every single day.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the post and link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked of you
- List the rules and include the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
- Write a new list of 11 questions for your nominees
- Nominate 11 bloggers for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- How has your neck of the woods been effected by the coronavirus?
In Belgium the virus has affected our daily lives as citizins hard. I normally work in a leathergoods store, which I can’t do right now because all stores are closed except for essential stores like supermarkets, pharmacies and animal food stores. Currently the situation is improving, so the measures are becoming less strict, but still we have to wait untill May what the government will decide. I can’t go see my family, because we don’t live in the same town. I also can’t visit my grandma, who is in a residential care center. I really miss them. Basically they are forcing us to stay at home and only go out if we need to.
- What have you been doing to pass the time during self-isolation?
I’ve been blogging a lot. It’s my way to be productive and I have achieved some new collaborations in the past month, which is a nice result.
I also clean all the time, like many others I believe. I love being busy with my pets, my 2 wonderful bunnies. I take them into the garden and I buy them new toys. They have a lot of attention now, and they are probably the only ones who are preferring this stay-at-home fase.
What I also do is watch Netflix series with my man, we’ve been crazy about “The 100”, watching over 5 seasons in 2 weeks time. We do like the quality time together, especially now I’m pregnant.
- What shows or movies have you been binging?
Ha, you read my mind! Like I said, we looove “The 100”. It’s about a spaceship called “The Ark” which is where people will live in the future after earth is uninhabitable. They decide to send 100 kids who have done criminal things to the earth to test if earth is still not an option to survive, because their oxygen supply won’t last any longer and they need to find an alternative way to survive. They find out earth is survivable even with the radiation, but they are not alone…
Really a must-see!
- Last book you read?
Blind Date by Marelle Boersma, a good one! It’s in fact about a blogger but she gets weird messages from an anonymous sender when she gets more famous, and it’s getting creepy – who is it and what is he/she up to?
- Last movie you saw in theaters?
That has been ages ago, I don’t remember. We prefer watching movies at home.
- What is something that you are looking forward to?
Oh, there are many things. Being able to visit babystores so we can decorate the baby room. Seeing my family, being able to hug my grandma (she has been infected by corona, so I hope she’ll overcome this but she has no symptoms yet). Being able to work again. Going to a restaurant, not having to cook. Have a coffee with my mom and my friends.
- What is your favorite restaurant in your area?
In Antwerp we have a famous street which is called “Oude Koornmarkt”, there are my favorite restaurants. I love Verona restaurant for Italian food, De Sinjoor for all kinds of food (meat, fish, …) and Mama’s Garden for kebab.
- What is your favorite tourist attraction where you live?
I love the local markets in Antwerp.
- Do you have any phobias?
Yes, I’m claustrophobic but not extreme. I can go in the subway without any trouble. I’m not very scared of spiders, I live in a house with a big garden so there are spiders very often. I’m the one who kills them, not my boyfriend LOL 🙂
Oh, and I’m afraid of heights.
- Last thing you purchased from the store?
Probably something from the supermarket if we talk about real stores. From the internet I bought make-up from Boozyshop, you can check my latest video here (in Dutch).
- What is the first thing you plan on doing once the coronavirus dies down?
Focus on the preparations for our little one.
Who I nominate (I do 5)
11 questions for you
- What’s your favorite food?
- What type of cuisine do you like the most? (Italian, Asian, …)
- Which is your favorite season?
- What are your daily activities?
- What are the 5 things you can’t live without?
- Do you have a favorite person, who is it?
- What series do you bingewatch on Netflix?
- What do you love the most about blogging?
- Which topics are your favorite ones to write about?
- What effect does the corona virus have on your life?
- What do you miss the most during these corona times?
I wish you all good luck with answering the questions, I’m very curious about your posts! Thank you for participating.
If you like my content, feel free to follow me on social media. We also have a monthly newsletter which is pretty awesome because if you subscribe you’ll receive a free blogging guide in your mailbox! See you next time.